in New Lenox, IL
If you have a damaged tooth, we might be able to save it by capping it with a dental crown. Dental crowns come in many varieties and are a simple but effective solution for improving the appearance of your smile and protecting (and strengthening) the damaged tooth. At Lincolnway Dental Associates, we offer several different types of crowns to suit your appearance and needs.
Call (815) 462-4838 to request an appointment so we can check your tooth and recommend the best treatment option!
What to Expect when You Get a Dental Crown
Getting a crown for your tooth is kind of like getting a custom-made suit. It needs to fit and function perfectly.
- First, we’ll examine your tooth and discuss your options. The type of crown you receive will depend on the tooth itself, how the crown will need to be placed, the alignment of your bite, your gum tissue, and what best suits your budget.
- Next, Dr. Leesa and her team will carefully file down the tooth so your crown can be fitted properly.
- We will then take an impression of your teeth to help craft the crown, so the crown doesn’t affect the alignment of your bite after it’s placed.
- While your permanent crown is being prepared, we’ll give you a temporary crown to protect the form and function of your tooth.
- When your permanent crown is ready, we’ll have you come in and try it on and make sure it fits comfortably before cementing it in place.