in New Lenox, IL
If you’re having a dental emergency, don’t hesitate to contact our office for help. In some situations, immediate treatment is necessary to save a tooth or minimize damage and long-term effects. At Lincolnway Dental Associates, we’re equipped to provide emergency dentistry here in New Lenox, IL during our regular business hours. We care about your comfort and well-being, and always want to be informed if you’re having an issue with a tooth or dental appliance.
Call us right away at (815) 462-4838 if you think you’re having a dental emergency.
What to do if You Lose a Tooth
Having a tooth knocked out doesn’t necessarily mean you’ve lost it forever! Here’s what you can do to increase your chances of saving the tooth:
- Locate your tooth as quickly as you can and pick it up by the crown, not the root.
- Carefully rinse the tooth with water; do NOT scrub the tooth or clean it with soap or other chemicals.
- Do NOT place the tooth in cloth or tissue. If you can, immediately place the tooth back in its socket. Again, handle only the crown of the tooth, and gently push it into place with your fingers, or position the tooth over the socket and gently bite down.
- Keep the tooth moist. If for whatever reason you cannot place the tooth back into its socket, hold the tooth in your mouth by your cheek, or in a cup of milk (not water).
- Come to our office within 30-60 minutes of your injury (don’t forget to bring the tooth!)