The Importance of Orthodontic Treatment
in New Lenox, IL
The goal of orthodontics is to give you a healthy, functional bite (and a more attractive smile). When your teeth and jaw are not aligned properly, this affects your bite, which can lead to function problems (such as difficulty chewing and speaking), along with damage to the teeth themselves. At Lincolnway Dental Associates, we can provide orthodontic treatment to people of all ages to correct alignment issues and improve their quality of life.
If you’re currently struggling with bite issues or are self-conscious about the appearance of your teeth, call our office at (815) 462-4838.
Why You Might Need Orthodontic Treatment as an Adult
While we tend to associate orthodontics with adolescents and teenagers, a good percentage of orthodontic patients are in fact adults! Here are some reasons you may want to see our team for orthodontic treatment:
- Your teeth do not fit together correctly when you bite
- You have trouble chewing or speaking clearly
- Your teeth seem crowded or are spaced unevenly
- You have abnormal wear and tear on your molars or front teeth
- Your jaw hurts or regularly “pops” when you chew or yawn
- You simply want a healthier, more attractive smile